Dr Michael Barakate graduated from Medicine (UNSW) in 1996 and completed his Master of Surgery degree (U.Syd) in 2003. Michael’s surgical experience includes dual fellowships from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in General Surgery and Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Michael has an ongoing commitment to patient care, research and teaching in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. He has lectured and published medical literature widely in the field of thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
Patient Care Philosophy
I enjoy using my clinical and surgical abilities to restore the form and function of my patients and hopefully to maximise their quality of life.
- MB BS, BSc (Med) – University of New South Wales (1996)
- Master of Surgery – University of Sydney (2003)
- Residency – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital 1996 – 1998
- General Surgery – Royal North Shore Hospital 1999 – 2002
- Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery – Sydney 2003, 2004, 2006
- ENT Specialist Registrar – Oxford, UK 2005
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Certification
- FRACS (General Surgery) 2003
- FRACS (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery) 2006
- Head and Neck Surgery – Prince of Wales Hospital 2007 – 2008 (18 months)
- Head and Neck Oncology Surgery & Reconstruction – University of Michigan Hospital 2009 – 2010 (8 months)